Position 106: Client Services Support Worker (1 year contract)
Supervised by: Client Services Director
Part-time: 22 – 30 hours a week (.6 – .8 FTE)
Who We Are:
The Calgary Pregnancy Care Centre is a non-profit agency offering assistance for anyone facing an unplanned pregnancy or experiencing post-abortion stress. We have been caring for women, youth and families since 1985. We are committed to providing high quality support and programs powered by a passionate and dedicated team. For information about our organization please refer to our web site at www.pregcare.com
The Client Services Support worker’s role is to equip and enable volunteers and students to deliver the programs of the Calgary Pregnancy Care Centre. They will also maintain a caseload of client as appropriate.
- Train and supervise Client Services volunteers
- Assess volunteer performance and coach as required
- Provide ongoing education and communication to volunteers
- Provide spiritual leadership to staff, volunteers and practicum students.
- Supervise and evaluate practicum students
- Client Services
- Carry a caseload of clients.
- Maintain a consistent and high quality of client counselling. This includes direct supervision of peer and staff counselling sessions as well as debriefing client sessions when direct supervision does not take place
- Public Relations
- Assist in donor relations
- Speaking engagements to represent Centre
- Assist with coordinating service group projects
- Attending community networking meetings and promoting Centre to other agencies
- Maintain relationships with post-secondary institutions to support continued practicum opportunities
The successful applicant will have a degree or diploma in Social Work. Registration with provincial licensing body is required.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Respect and uphold the Statement of Principle, Statement of Faith, and Policies of the Centre
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Efficiency and thoroughness (optimizing time and resources to ensure high quality work)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivate, self-starter, takes initiative
- Management skills
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite. (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Publisher and Outlook)
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
- Only education obtained from an accredited institution will be recognized as meeting the minimum qualifications.
- An enhanced security clearance must be completed as a condition of employment.
What We Have to Offer:
- Free Downtown Parking
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits
- Fun, dynamic team culture
- An opportunity to continually grow and learn
- Ability to make a difference in the lives of others
How to Apply:
- Forward resume and cover letter with Client Services Support Worker in the subject of the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.