Events Project Manager – Calgary
Position 110: Events Project Manager
Supervised by: Director of Communications
Part time: 20 hours/week
Start Date: ASAP or until suitable candidate is found
Who We Are: The Calgary Pregnancy Care Centre is a non-profit agency offering assistance for anyone facing an unplanned pregnancy or experiencing post-abortion stress. We have been caring for women, youth and families since 1985. We are committed to providing high quality support and programs powered by a passionate and dedicated team. For information about our organization please refer to our web site at www.pregcare.com
Position Summary: The Events Project Manager will support the work of the Communications Director to ensure that annual organizational and fundraising goals are met or exceeded. This includes coordinating general fundraising strategies and plans, coordinating CPCC fundraising events both online and in person, working with donors and volunteers, editing copy and creative work, maintaining our social media presence and other responsibilities which assist in the success of our vision.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about our cause, has experience in event planning, is detail oriented, organized, creative and flourishes when working with others.
- Working with the Communications Director to support fundraising strategies and related plans and goals.
- Coordinate fundraising initiatives which include organizing and promoting CPCC campaigns and events and organizing event sponsorship from corporations and individuals.
- Maintaining social media presence with current and relevant posts
- In collaboration with the Communications Director, work on event: design elements, promotion & advertising, logistics such as vendors, AV, guest lists, event save the date cards, email templates, invitations, RSVPs, etc.
- Edit general promotional items used to promote CPCC’s mission.
- Respond to general event inquiries and ensure that a positive donor relationship is maintained at all times.
- Organize and inspire event volunteers
- Coordinate online fundraising, which includes maintaining donor information in database.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and familiarity with various modes of communication used in fundraising, including telephone, email, direct mail, websites, and social media.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and adept at building long-term relationships with donors and volunteers, and at communicating our mission.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team to plan, organize and multi-task while paying attention to detail.
- Strong presentation skills and problem-solving ability.
- Enjoys a busy and fast paced environment and knows how to add value to the organization.
Preferred Education, Training & Experience:
- Post-secondary education is an asset, preferably with a background in business, non-profit organizations, communications and/or marketing, or supplemented by course work in these disciplines.
- Graphic design is an asset.
- One year of fundraising and event planning experience preferably with a charitable or non-profit organization.
- Conversant with computers, software applications/programs, the internet and social media, with some formal training or course work in such disciplines being preferable.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- A valid driver’s license and provision of own transportation
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
- Only education obtained from an accredited institution will be recognized as meeting the minimum qualifications.
- An enhanced police security clearance must be completed as a condition of employment.
What We Have to Offer:
- Free Downtown Parking
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits
- Fun, dynamic team culture
- An opportunity to continually grow and learn
- Ability to make a difference in the lives of others
How to Apply:
- Forward resume and cover letter with Events Project Manager in the subject of the email to email@example.com.
- We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.